The London Football Association is responsible for developing and supporting all grassroots football in London. Our vision is to inspire a lifelong journey in football for all across the capital, in order to enrich the maximum number of lives.
We are a small to medium size business, with 20 full time staff and a turnover of approximately £1.5m. We are absolutely committed to ensuring that football in London is as rich and diverse as the capital city itself, at all levels of the game, and as proof of our commitment to this we are the first County Football Association to have met the very highest standards of governance set out by the new Code for Sports Governance.
Part-time Finance and Operations Manager
£50k pro rotated
The Finance and Operations Manager is an exciting new role for the organisation. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a unique opportunity to join a passionate, energetic and diverse team. You will be responsible for improving and modernising the finance / accounting function of the business and leading the business planning processes. You will also be responsible for the operational management of the office and explore options for possible office relocation.
The post holder will deliver a strategic review of the organisation’s financial systems and processes; this will include revisiting the current outsourcing arrangements, identifying the most effective and efficient way of delivering the organisation’s strategic goals and ambitions and capacity-building within the organisation to ensure all changes and improvements are sustainable in the long term.
The role will bring much needed financial and business planning skills to the organisation, working closely with the CEO to deliver a thorough strategic planning and budgeting process in the first half of 2019.
Experience and Skills:
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA) with significant post-qualification experience
- Experience of driving change to financial systems and processes at a strategic level
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of business planning.
- Experience of renegotiating contracts and driving efficient processes and systems
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team environment - able to interact with people from all backgrounds to provide clear concise explanations of complex financial matters
- Enthusiasm, energy and willingness to meet challenging demands
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to the ethos of equality and diversity
This is an 18 month fixed term role, to be primarily office-based but with consideration for flexible working.
To apply, click here.