SIN BINS ARE HERE!
This page is a brief overview of the Sin Bins.
- FA commissioned Sin Bins in 2016/2017, Piloted it in 2017/2018 and will make it compulsory in 2019-2020 for all leagues Step 7 below
- The sin bin only impacts caution for DISSENT only [C2]
- Why Dissent?
- Support the RESPECT programme;
- 73.5k cautions for Dissent in 2016/17 alone;
- This equates to 25% of all cautions branded;
- Aim to decrease Dissent and improve match experience
- No £10 Admin Fee for C2(Sin Bin) as the sanction is the Sin Bin
- Initial Pilot was successfully resulting in: 38% Reduction in Dissent across all Leagues; 25 showed a reduction whilst 6 showed slight increase
Click the link below to listen to London FA's Sin Bin Webinar.