Status of Coaching Courses and Workshops - COVID-19
Since the COVID-19 pandemic has changed many aspects of living and working life, the FA have made the decision to make significant changes to how coach education is administrated and delivered.
From April, FA Education will take full responsibility for delivering all coach education courses as they transition to be online based.
As a result, County FAs are no longer eligible to deliver coach education face-to-face during this transition period (January - April 2021).
The first grassroots courses to be redeveloped and launched in April 2021 will be:
- FA Level 1
- Safeguarding Children Workshop
- Introduction to First Aid in Football
Learners who have already started, but have yet to complete these qualifications, will be contacted shortly regarding their options.
Changes to the Level 2 and UEFA B will happen later in the year so, in the meantime, only inflight Level 2 and UEFA B courses will continue and we will not run any new courses.
When can I apply for the new courses?
There is not currently a ‘register your interest’ link open for the new courses however, this should be live shortly.
If you have any questions regarding the new courses, please contact FA Education at email@example.com.
What does this mean for the County FA?
In the short-term, we will be working with FA Education on the transition of existing learners, but our long-term focus will be on coach development. Our aim will be to ensure our clubs receive the support they need to enable their coaches to provide great sessions for their players.
This year, we will also be working with FA Education to deliver an exciting programme of learning opportunities across a range of topics relevant to our coaches and the grassroot game.
How can I continue my learning in the meantime?
The Boot Room is a vital coaching resource and contains a range of different learning resources for coaches to explore; from articles to interviews.
There is online CPD courses which can be completed here. Likewise, you can also complete the FA Playmaker, supported by BT, which is a free online entry-level course perfect for anyone interested in taking a more active role in grassroots football. You can complete the course here.
Update on Level 2 and UEFA B In-Situ Visits - 7 April 2021
The FA have released guidance for the return of in-situ support visits for FA Level 2 in Coaching Football and FA Level 3 (UEFA B) as they can commence once the tutor COVID Refresher Training has been completed, through to 31st July 2021.
In addition to the below guidance, all learners and tutors will be actively recommended to comply with government advice and follow a community testing programme, which can be found here.
• Tutors will be required to complete a Self-Screening Questionnaire before 9:30am on the day of planned in-situ visits.
• Tutors will only be able to complete 1 visit in a 48-hour period.
• Tutors will be required to contact the club/venue to confirm that COVID-19 safe protocols are in place.
During In-Situ Visit
• Visits can only be conducted outdoors.
• 2m social distance will be maintained throughout the in-situ visit.
• Regular hand sanitation will be required throughout the visit.
• Where possible, entering indoor spaces during a visit should be avoided but if not possible, then personal protective equipment must be worn in alignment to government and venue guidance.
Post In-Situ Visit
• Feedback and sign off must be completed through electronic means.
If you require an in-situ visit, please complete the following google form so we can arrange this for you. Please note that all tutor FA email address are now closed, and tutors are not contactable via these addresses.
Should you have any queries regarding the above information, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org