The London Football Association is responsible for governing, safeguarding and developing football across the capital.
We were established in 1882 and have an incredibly rich and proud history. More recently we have been undergoing a period of very exciting transformation and modernisation through the delivery of our strategy – Harnessing the Power of Grassroots Football.
At the heart of this strategy is a vision to harness the power of football to enrich more lives in London. We are passionate about the wider benefits that football can bring to society and its ability to bring diverse communities and people together.
A major priority for London FA is tackling racial equality and discrimination. To support the wider London FA team to focus more exclusively on this work, we are seeking to recruit an additional Football Services Administrator to add extra capacity to the organisation.
The Football Services department leads London FA’s safeguarding work, manages discipline across the grassroots game and delivers London’s famous cup competitions.
Football Services Administrator
Hybrid working arrangements (minimum of one day per week at London FA’s office)
Fixed Term – up to 30 June 2024
• To support the delivery of The FA National Game Strategy and London Football Association’s Business Strategy.
• Ensure excellent customer service standards as primary responder to football enquires, to include first line support for London FA’s email inboxes and phone support.
• Support the delivery of the London FA affiliation programme, working directly with London FA clubs to affiliate them for the upcoming season.
• To assist in carrying out club visits to ensure our clubs have the correct safeguarding measures in place.
• To support the delivery of the league sanctioning process, administering cautions and standard charges, assist with DBS queries and cup competition administration.
• Provide administration support for the delivery of the London FA racial equality plan.
• To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
Experience and Skills:
• Competent IT skills (Word/ Excel/PowerPoint/Databases/Microsoft Office/internet)
• Excellent customer service skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to build trust-based relationships
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Experience of working with and supporting volunteers
• Team player
• Ability to prioritise and structure work
• A working understanding and application of inclusion, equality and diversity,
• A working understanding of safeguarding policy and practice
If you would like to apply for the role, please download the full job description and person specification below.
Then please submit your completed application form, to email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 23rd September 2022.
Interviews will be held on either Monday 3rd or Tuesday 4th October 2022.
If you have any queries or would like an informal discussion about the role before submitting your application form, please email Aquila Burgess, Interim Head of Football Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download an application form