For FULL criteria for achieving Charter Standard CLICK HERE.
The Football Association, through its Charter Standard scheme, seeks to establish, reward and encourage good practice at grass roots levels so that parents and children can demand a minimum standard of provision from clubs and leagues.
The London FA works with, affiliated leagues and clubs all round the county to award Charter Standards to well organised recipients.
The Charter Standard for Clubs, was launched on 1 February 2001 by Harry and Jamie Redknapp.
The Charter Standard aims to...
* Provide a nationally recognised quality control "kitemark"
* Improve the quality of provision for male and female football.
* Sustain participation for players over a long period of time
* Raise standards
To provide a safe and sustainable environment for players and volunteers to develop their skills and continue their involvement in grassroots football.
* Use of the FA and LFA logo to promote your club
* Opportunities to access external funding
* Receive electronic newsletters kept up to date with all the latest FA and LFA developments
* Free Umbro kit & equipment vouchers + discounts on gaining & renewing accreditation
* Free England u21 Womens and Youth tickets
* In-service training events for your coaches
* Yearly Awards for best Youth, Adult, Development, Community clubs, coaches & volunteers
* 25% discount with KTB Physiotherapists
* Massive savings on portable floodlights
Criteria for Charter Standard
* Adopt the FA constitution and policies
* Hold Public Liability Insurance
* Promote the FA Codes of Conduct
* Commitment to attend Charter Standard In-Service
* In-Service Training
* Child Welfare Officer who has attended the Welfare Officer Workshop & Safeguarding
* Team must have a qualified Coach/manager (at least FA Level 1) & must have an FA CRB
* Additional criteria for Development and Community Clubs
If your club is interested in becoming Charter Standard and to enjoy and enable the increased support of the London FA Development team, please contact our Club Officer, Daniel Gayle on 0207 751 2422 or 07525 237349
or e-mail... firstname.lastname@example.org