FA Youth Award Module 3: Developing the player
Minimum Age: 18
Course Duration: Two days on course followed by two in-situ visits
Leading To: FA Advanced Youth AwardView available dates
Module 3 is designed to support the development of coaches who currently coach a group of youth players (Aged between 5 – 21yrs) on a regular basis within the performance or grassroots areas of the game.
The FA Youth Award Module 3: Developing the Player is a vocational course that provides you with an opportunity to develop an awareness of both the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching players.
It will provide an opportunity to improve your knowledge and confidence in coaching the 5-21 year age group.
The course is comprised of four components based around The FA's Long-Term Player Development Model.
- Explore how role specific coaching can enhance young player development
- Develop key aspects related to player/s needs in relation to unit and team expectations within coaching sessions
- Explore where the key processes of Long Term Player Development integrate into a youth player development programme
- Be provided with activities that will help to develop agility, balance and coordination
- Explore the roles that football can provide to enhance the social development of youth players
- Identify appropriate coaching behaviour that will compliment their wider social development
- Hold The FA Level 2 in Coaching Football
- Hold, as a minimum, an in date FA Emergency Aid Certificate
- Hold an in date FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate
- Understand how to design player learning activities based on individual, unit or group needs
- Learn how to plan and deliver appropriate coach interventions before, during and after coaching sessions
- Demonstrate an understanding of communication skills and different coach/player interactions including the positive management of player mistakes
- Develop effective feedback techniques - including questioning - which help the player develop and improve
- Understand relevant key land marks in young players physical development (5 to 21)
Unfortunately there are no available dates.
We adhere to a strict cancellation policy and by enrolling onto our course you agree to have read and agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions.
For a limited period, you will also be provided with associate membership of Kent Referees Society for the current season.
Get In Touch
By Phone: 01235 558454
(9am - 5pm Monday - Friday)
By Email: email@example.com