TO MAKE THE ADMINISTRATION OF FOOTBALL EASIER FOR EVERYONE, AND AS PART OF A COMMITMENT BY THE FA AND COUNTY FA’S TO LOOK AFTER OUR GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL VOLUNTEERS, IT IS NOW POSSIBLE TO COMPLETE ALL PLAYER REGISTRATIONS ONLINE USING THE WHOLE GAME SYSTEM.
We are aware that for some of you there have been difficulties in completing these tasks. As a result of this and alongside the FA we have set out the following to support you:
• The FA Grassroots Technology Knowledge Base
• Known Issues
We are currently experiencing a high volume of traffic coming into our Player Registration inbox and whilst we will respond to all queries, please note that you may be waiting slightly longer than normal for a response from one of the members of our team.
We recommend that you follow the steps outlined below as many queries can be answered via the information already available online. Most generic queries can be answered by either the FA Grassroots Technology Knowledge Base, or via the Known Issues support page that is governed by the Grassroots Tech team.
If you have a query or are facing an issue, please ensure you follow these steps:
1. FA GRASSROOTS TECHNOLOGY KNOWLEDGE BASE
The FA Grassroots Technology Knowledge Base is an extremely helpful platform that can be used by all players, parents, clubs, leagues, and County FA staff. On here you will find several helpful guides that can be used to answer most of your queries, reducing the need to send an email. These guides can all be found in the link below:
2. KNOWN ISSUES
As this is a brand-new system, sometimes matters may arise that require FA attention. These can include having issues accessing the system, generating a squad list, or issues submitting a player to the league. You can track these matters that arise via the link below. The FA will update this accordingly as and when resolutions have been found for each individual topic.
3. CONTACTING LONDON FA
For any queries that cannot be solved via any of the above articles, guides or support pages, please email us at PlayerReg@LondonFA.com.
If you are a club or league that has several different issues to report, we would ask that you submit a list of these issues in one email rather than sending each issue separately. This makes it easier for us to work with you on the solution.
Please note that the player registration system is developed and managed by the FA centrally, so in some instances we may need to refer your issue to the FA Grassroots Technology Team. They can also be contacted directly via GrassrootsTechnology@thefa.com
Details on all the support from the FA can be found at the following web address:
PLAYER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
In March 2021, a brand-new re-designed Player Registration System was launched by the FA. The aim for this system is to allow club and league officials to find it easier than ever to register their players. Some of the many benefits will include:
• Reliable and speedy administration.
• A mobile optimised design, enabling you to complete your administration regardless of the device you use.
• Improved online consent options, which will last for up to five years!
• Instant access to the system, without the need to log in through the Whole Game System If you are a club, just go to clubs.thefa.com, or if you are a league, go to competitions.thefa.com.
• Complete your requirements in bulk. We understand some of our clubs will have a lot of players to register. Carrying out your actions in bulk will reduce your workload significantly.
• Improved parental linking using the new “Email Capture Tool”. No longer will parents have to provide their full name, date of birth, and other details. Only your email address is now required to connect to your child’s account.
• An open forum. If you have a new idea, feature, request or change you’d like to see, you can now do so via the FA community forums!