Female Football Development and Health Officer vacancy
AFC Wimbledon Foundation vacancy: Female Football Development and Health Officer
Full time: 37 hrs - (to include early evening and weekend work)
Contract: Permanent, subject to performance review and funding.
Salary: 22 -25k per annum depending on qualifications and experience
AFC Wimbledon Foundation is seeking to appoint an experienced individual to maintain and further develop our women's and girls’ programmes. The successful candidate will also develop health and fitness programmes for the Foundation across South West London targeting inactive children, disabled and older adults. Excellent work has been achieved over the last three years, culminating in a nomination for Community Project of the Year (London Football Awards 2018). This is an exciting opportunity with the Club moving to a new stadium in 2019.
- To manage, coordinate and deliver our female football development programmes including PL Girls, London FA Leopards, Surrey FA Wildcats sessions.
- Develop new funding streams and projects to increase participation in girls and women's football and other sports.
- Lead Monitoring and Evaluation processes for all projects including use of Upshot and VIEWS.
- Liaise with AFC Wimbledon Girls and Women’s section supporting the quality of their provision and securing appropriate exit routes for Foundation projects.
- To develop a range of sport, health and fitness projects for the Foundation including sessions and activity for inactive disabled participants, families and older adults.
- Promote and publicise all elements of this work with local children, families, participants and wider community partners and funders.
- Contribute to other elements of Foundation work programmes including supporting its wider education, and social inclusion projects as required by the Director.
- FA Level 2 Coaching Award / UEFA B qualified, ideally degree educated in a related subject area
- Two years' experience of working in football development and girls and women's sports.
- Knowledge and understanding of sports development and project management techniques.
- Ability to enthuse and motivate participants, parents, staff and community partners.
- Excellent communication, time management, administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability and experience of developing and writing successful funding applications.
- Additional sports coaching and or health and fitness qualifications.
- Experience of working with inactive disabled and older adults.
- Knowledge of the PE National Curriculum and educational priorities.
The candidate should be an enthusiastic and responsible individual who is motivated to go the extra mile to provide sporting, health and educational opportunities for the client groups they will be working with.
AFC Wimbledon Foundation is a young charity currently based at the Cherry Red Records Stadium, Kingston that predominately serves Kingston, Merton and Wandsworth and seeks to support the ‘Club Together’ philosophy of AFC Wimbledon Football Club.
The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS through the Foundation before they start the post.
If you are interested in applying please complete a covering letter explaining your suitability for the post and a CV and send to email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of letters and CV’s is Friday 27 April 2018. Please note only short listed candidates will be notified.
AFC Wimbledon Foundation is committed to Equality of Opportunity.