The FA has today announced its annual survey for participants in London to provide feedback on the grassroots football provision in the local area.
Players, coaches, parents, supporters, volunteers, referees, club and league officials across London now have the opportunity to highlight areas where they require support, suggest areas for improvement and outline the impact of particular campaigns or schemes.
Since the online survey was originally launched, the responses of more than 100,000 grassroots participants have helped to inform the decision making and allocation of resources by The FA and respective County FAs. Results from the 2018/19 edition identified five key areas – both on and off the pitch – where a renewed focus is required:
1. Identify the resources and tools that clubs need the most support with
2. Foster the right experience for participants at this level of the game
3. Encourage young people to stay active in different roles across the game
4. Ensure the RESPECT campaign has a positive impact on all participants
5. Adapt to the changing nature of modern grassroots football
In addition to the above example, from last year's survey London FA launched our 100FC coaching programme. This is a specific female coaching development programme, that works with a range of providers to identify, train, deploy and then support and mentor new coaches across London. This was previously our London Leopards programme and the wholesale change here was to focus exclusively on coaching rather than wider participation opportunities for females. This was in direct response to our clubs approaching us asking for female coaches to support their ever expanding women and girls' sessions and also to support a three-fold increase in Wildcats Centres, which all require a female activator to meet FA criteria.
Paul Bickerton, Chief Executive Officer at London FA, said: “London FA is committed to developing the game for all across the capital – and the Grassroots Football Survey provides a great way for us as an organisation to find out which areas of the game our stakeholders feel needs improving.
“I’d encourage as many people as possible to take the short time required to complete this year’s survey and help us shape London FA’s work moving forward. Your feedback is vitally important and we thank you in advance for completing the survey.”
If you complete the 2019/20 Grassroots Football Survey in full you will be entered into a draw for one of 12 prizes:
- 3 x pairs of tickets to an England men’s match at Wembley Stadium
- 3 x pairs of tickets to an FA Cup third round match of your choice
- 3 x sets of four tickets to a WSL match this season
- 3 x kit bundles to the value of £250 each
CLICK HERE to take part in the 2019/20 Grassroots Football Survey