New Leagues For Players Getting Back In The Game
London FA and PlayFootball are delighted to announce an exciting new partnership which will see several new recreational leagues created for adult men.
Following positive feedback from a series of pilot leagues over the summer, London FA and PlayFootball have designed a new 7vs7 and 9vs9 recreational leagues to fit around your schedule, making it easier for everyone to play football. Each game lasts between 40-60 minutes and is played on a floodlit, all weather, 3G pitches with an FA accredited referee.
PlayFootball will offer flexible leagues focusing under-21 football (16-19s) and men who are looking to get back into the game or play a little more. There is a significant drop out within these groups and these new, fun, low cost leagues will offer a different type of football. The leagues will focus around the following:
- Offer a non-traditional format of the beautiful game
- Provide additional competition for existing and new players in a fun and friendly environment
- Providing opportunities for individuals to develop football skills and increase fitness levels
- To help signpost players wishing to play more football into traditional teams
Information on the leagues available can be found below:
12:00 - 16:00 (Coldharbour)
- 7-a-side U21 league Coldharbour, Chapel Farm Rd, SE9 3LX
- 9-a-side Flexi League Coldharbour, Chapel Farm Rd, SE9 3LX
13:00 - 16:00 (Mile End)
12:00 - 16:00 (Crystal Palace)
- 7-a-side U21 league Crystal Palace Centre, Ledrington Rd, SE19 2BB
- 9-a-side Flexi League, Crystal Palace Centre, Ledrington Rd, SE19 2BB
Neil Twitchett, London FA Head of Delivery said: "London FA in partnership with PlayFootball are delighted to offer new small sided football opportunities. Our research shows a significant drop out of players over 16 and this fun, low cost competition fits really well for those with busy lives."
For more information and how to secure your team’s place, please click on the above links or call PlayFootball on 0333 577 4626.