Vacancy - Investigations Officer
The London Football Association is responsible for governing, safeguarding and developing football across the capital.
We were established in 1882 and have an incredibly rich and proud history. More recently we have been undergoing a period of very exciting transformation and modernisation, with a new Board and CEO in place and a new strategy to take us up to 2024.
At the heart of this strategy is a vision to harness the power of football to enrich more lives in London. We are passionate about the wider benefits that football can bring to society and we know that if we are to have any chance of delivering this vision, we have to create the right environments for people to thrive.
Addressing poor behaviour on the pitch is essential if we are to achieve this goal and this is much wider than just a London issue.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the London FA’s Discipline Team.
We are currently looking for an Investigations Officer to join our team who has a keen eye for detail, is able to work in a fast paced environment, and has the ability to think outside the box to help modernise the department.
- Investigations Officer
- Salary -25-31k pro rata (dependent on experience)
- Full Time
- To act in the best interests of Children and Young People at all times and to ensure their welfare is considered in all decision and actions taken.
- To deliver the London FA’s discipline processes and investigations into on and off-field behaviour and reported misconduct.
- To sanction and administer each case according to FA rules and regulations and timeframes
- To help deliver the club and leagues affiliation and sanctioning process, supporting the delivery of the London FA strategic plan and National Game Strategy in partnership with colleagues and key stakeholders
Experience & Skills
- Experienced in working in a work in high pressure environment and able to deliver results within agreed time frames
- Experience of working with challenging customers and support the delivery of their enquiries.
- Excellent administration, secretarial and IT skills
- Ability to prioritise and structure work
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator – verbal and written
- Ability to read, digest and assimilate information quickly and effectively
- Ability to form good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Work practically and methodically
- Able to effectively monitoring and evaluation
- Project management skills
- Able to work and lead within a team environment to deliver agreed outcomes
- Ability to think ‘outside of the box’ and gather and collate information
- Ability to review process and make improvements to make
If you would like to apply for this role, please download the full job description and person specification HERE then send your CV and a covering letter to Becky.Greaves@LondonFA.com by midday on Friday 13 March.
Your covering letter should address your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification, and should be no longer than two sides of A4.
If you have any specific questions that you need answering before submitting your cover letter and CV please email Becky Greaves at Becky.Greaves@LondonFA.com
Deadline to Apply: Midday on Friday 13 March 2020
Shortlisting: Tuesday 24 March 2020
Interviews: Thursday 2 April 2020