London FA are looking for a Football Facilities and Investment Officer to support our current team in delivering investment into grassroots football facilities where it is needed most in our County.
We are looking to appoint someone who is passionate about developing quality grassroots football facilities and supporting our key partners in applying for funding.
We have big plans to improve our grass pitches across London and the role will play a big part in delivering this priority ensuring that our clubs and partners are able to access advice, support and funding through the Football Foundation Grass Pitch Improvement Programme. Many clubs require support in accessing grants for small scale projects. Under your guidance, you will help them through the maze of opportunities available in the county and nationally.
Job title: Football Facilities and Investment Officer
Location: Hybrid working arrangement (minimum of one day per week at the London FA office at Wembley Stadium)
Contract type: Fixed-Term Contract until 30th June 2025
- To support delivery of The FA Grassroots Football Strategy and the London FA Strategic Plan.
- To ensure that every affiliated football fixture is played on a ‘good’ quality pitch.
- To identify and activate priority projects for Football Foundation investment via Local Football Facility Plans.
- To develop a facilities workshop programme.
- To protect existing football facilities from planning applications.
- To contribute to the effective implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs.
- To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with partner organisations across different sectors to deliver football facility outcomes.
- Project management skills and experience – to plan, set and achieve objectives to deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision- making.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to use data to monitor and evaluate programmes.
- Practical experience of sports / football / facility development.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of inclusion, equality, anti-discrimination and safeguarding.
- Excellent IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications.
A full Role Profile can be downloaded here.
About London FA
The London Football Association is responsible for governing, safeguarding and developing football across the capital. We were established in 1882 and have an incredibly rich and proud history. More recently we have been undergoing a period of very exciting transformation and modernisation, with a new Board and Council in place and a new strategy to take us up to 2025.
At the heart of this strategy is a vision to harness the power of football to enrich more lives in London. We are passionate about the wider benefits that football can bring to society and its ability to bring diverse communities and people together.
If you would like to apply for the role, please download and complete the London FA Job Application Pack. Please submit your completed application form to Development@LondonFA.com by Sunday 21st May.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 31st May at Wembley Stadium.
If you have any queries or would like an informal discussion about the roles before submitting your application form, please email: Neil Twitchett, Head of Football Development Neil.Twitchett@LondonFA.com