Vacancy - Volunteers Officer
The London and Middlesex Football Associations are responsible for governing, safeguarding and developing football across the capital. Both Counties have an incredibly rich and proud history of supporting the football network across London.
In a joint, full-time role, London and Middlesex FA’s are looking for a Volunteers Officer to support their teams in delivering a comprehensive support plan for our volunteer network. We are looking to appoint someone who is passionate about grassroots football and the volunteers who make it happen.
Title: Volunteers Officer
Contract: 18-month fixed-term contract
Location: Hybrid working arrangements
- To support delivery of The FA Grassroots Football Strategy, Volunteer Game Plan and the Middlesex & London FA Strategies
- To support England Accredited Clubs & Leagues, to sustainably recruit, retain and reward volunteers
- To improve the satisfaction and diversity of volunteers
- To grow the number and diversity of Referees & Coaches across London and Middlesex
- To contribute to the effective implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs.
- To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
- To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to work strategically with partner organisations across different sectors to plan and deliver volunteer recruitment recognition and retention.
- Project management skills and experience – to plan, set and achieve objectives to deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision- making skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Report-writing skills.
- Ability to use data to monitor and evaluate programmes.
- Influencing skills to champion change
If you would like to apply for the role, please download and complete the application form. Please submit your completed application form to Development@LondonFA.com by 5pm on Sunday 26th March 2023
Interviews will be held in person at Rectory Park on Wednesday 5th April.
If you have any queries or would like an informal discussion about the roles before submitting your application form, please email: Neil Twitchett, Head of Football Development at London FA on Neil.Twitchett@LondonFA.com or Neal Hickey, Head of Participation and Development at Middlesex FA on Neal.Hickey@MiddlesexFA.com