Head down to Barking Sport House & Gym (RM8 2JR) on sunday 21st may for Bloomsbury Futsal Club versus London Helvecia Futsal Club to find out more about match preparation for futsal at the top level.
Bloomsbury Futsal Club will be hosting London Helvecia in the second leg of The FA National Futsal Series semi-final play-off which leads to a place in the 2023/24 UEFA Futsal Champions League to represent England.
This free England Futsal CPD event will give you an insight into Bloomsbury’s match preparation with 2 practical court-based sessions with their head coach, John Tapa-Owens and head of academy and England futsal international, Jon Kurrant. England Futsal’s Luis Mendonca will also be in attendance.
Session 1 will focus on pivot play within a 3-1 system with session 2 focusing on individual defending when pressing.
Following this, attendees are invited to stay on and watch what is bound to be a high-quality game of futsal between the regular season champions, Bloomsbury, and last season’s champions Helvecia.
This is a valuable opportunity for coaches to get a unique insight to what goes into preparing for a match within a senior level competition, and will count as three FA CPD hours.
BOOK YOUR PLACE
There is free parking on site, as well as access from Upney (District line) and Goodmayes (Elizabeth Line). Please ensure you bring a notebook and pens. There is a cafe on-site, but feel free to bring your own refreshments.
- 11.30am: Arrival/Registration
- 11.45am: Session 1 Presentation (Classroom)
- 12.10pm: Session 1 Practical On Court – Pivot play within a 3-1 system
- 1.00pm: Session 1 Practical End
- 1.05pm: Session Q&A/Debrief
- 1.15pm: Session 2 starts ON COURT – Individual defending when pressing
- 2.05pm: Session 2 Practical End
- 2.10pm: Q&A Debrief
- 2.30pm: Match warm-ups start
- 3.15pm: Kick off – Bloomsbury v Helvecia
- 5.15pm: Match ends subject to extra time and penalties
- 5.15pm: Depart