Football is a universal language that transcends boundaries and brings people together. It can be a powerful platform that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusivity, both on and off the field.
At London FA, we are committed to creating an environment that reflects these values, and we need your help to make it happen. By filling in your Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) data via your FA portal, you have the power to shape the future of football in your community.
Unveiling the Power of Data
Data isn't just a collection of numbers and checkboxes; it's a powerful tool that can drive change and innovation. When players, coaches, referees, and volunteers provide their EDI data, they contribute to us collecting vital information that can guide the work we do in creating programs that are truly reflective of the counties' diverse populations.
Why Your Data Matters
1. Representation Matters: By sharing your EDI data, you're ensuring that football is a sport for everyone, regardless of their background. Your data will help the FA and London FA better understand the demographics of those involved in the game, allowing them to tailor programs to meet the needs of all players, coaches, referees, and volunteers.
2. Informed Decision-Making: Data provides insights that enable informed decision-making. When the FA and London FA has accurate EDI data, they can identify gaps in representation, address potential biases, and design initiatives that promote fairness and equality. This also supports the Biannual applications for fully funded places programme for Introduction to coaching football, UEFA C & UEFA B Courses.
3. Creating Inclusive Programs: Football programs should be inclusive and accessible to all. Your data will assist in designing coaching sessions, training materials, and events that cater to different communities, making everyone feel welcome and valued. The FA Mentor Scheme is open for clubs and individuals to become an FA Coach Mentor In particular, the fa welcome applications from coaches from historically underrepresented backgrounds, in line with our commitment to provide more opportunities for people within these groups.
4. Measuring Progress: Filling in your EDI data is like marking the starting point of a journey. As time goes on, the FA and London FA can track progress and improvements in diversity and inclusion efforts, celebrating achievements and identifying areas that still need work.
Shaping the Future Together.
We want to encourage all players within the London FA network to complete our EDI Survey (this only takes 5 minutes). This will help us shape future programmes and reach out to groups who are not currently playing football.
1. Visit myaccount.thefa.com
2. Log in to your account
3. Click on the "DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION" tab
4. Fill in your answers
5. Click on "Save"
Participants need to be 16+ to complete the survey.
Football has the power to inspire, educate, and unite. By sharing your EDI data, you're taking an active role in shaping the future of football in London. Your participation isn't just about ticking boxes - it's about creating a legacy of diversity, equity, and inclusion that future generations can enjoy.