London FA is seeking to appoint a Football Development Administrator to provide support to the Development team.
This team focuses on developing grassroots football in London, growing participation and workforce opportunities, supporting clubs, leagues, recreational football providers, and community organisations to make football accessible for all.
About London FA
Based at Wembley Stadium, the home of football, the London Football Association is responsible for governing, safeguarding, and developing football across the capital. We were established in 1882 and have an incredibly rich and proud history. More recently we have been undergoing a period of exciting transformation and modernisation through the delivery of our strategy – Harnessing the Power of Grassroots Football.
At the heart of this strategy is a vision to harness the power of football to enrich more lives in London. We are very enthusiastic about the wider benefits that football can bring to society, and we know that if we are to have any chance of delivering this vision, we must create the right environments for people to thrive.
We are looking for a conscientious and self-motivated individual, who is passionate about supporting our membership to provide and develop football opportunities for all sectors of the London community.
Football Development Administrator
£22,000 (Grade 5)
Hybrid working arrangements (with a minimum of one day per week at Wembley Stadium).
- To provide effective administrative support to the Football Development team in delivering the annual operational plan and related outcomes.
- Ensure excellent customer service standards as primary responder to Football Development enquires.
- Support the marketing and communications of the Football Development team products and services.
- Support London FA clubs to complete the affiliation process each season.
- Support the delivery of the London FA Racial Equality plan.
- To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
- To always act in the best interests of Children and Young People, and to ensure their welfare is considered in all decision and actions taken.
- To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidance that are in place from time to time.
Experience and Skills:
- Competent IT skills, including Microsoft Office applications/Databases/Canva.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and structure work, delivering results within agreed timeframes.
- A working understanding and application of inclusion, equality, and diversity,
- A working understanding of safeguarding policy and practice.
- Effective communicator – verbal and written.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience of working with and supporting volunteers.
- Self-motivated with the ability to build trust-based relationships.
- Team player.
- Commitment to on-going professional development
You will be joining a diverse and dynamic organisation that cares passionately about the role grassroots football can play to change people’s lives. We value and develop our employees and promote several benefits, to include flexible working arrangements, numerous staff development and progression opportunities and a generous pension scheme.
Diversity is at the heart of our strategy - because it is at the heart of grassroots football in London. We pride ourselves on the increasing diversity of our workforce. We encourage applications from the widest range of backgrounds, particularly where there is often under-representation. We are particularly keen to encourage female, black, Asian, and LGBT+ applicants, and applications from those with disabilities and from minority ethnic, faith and racial groups.
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTIOn
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
If you would like to apply for the role, please download and complete the application form. Please email your completed application form to Development@LondonFA.com no later than 8am on Monday 27th November 2023.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Tuesday 28th November regarding interview arrangements.
Interviews will be held at Wembley Stadium on Monday 4th December.
If you have any queries or would like an informal discussion about the role before submitting your application form, please email Amanda Lewis, Football Development Manager on Amanda.Lewis@LondonFA.com