The London FA Youth Council is about providing a voice for young people across the county, whilst providing experiences and personal development opportunities which will benefit their future careers.
The Youth Council is made up of young people between the ages of 16 and 24, who passionately involve themselves within the grassroots football community, whether that is as a player, coach, referee, volunteer or fan.
Being a member of the Youth Council also provides opportunities to support the County FA. Examples include helping out at our County Cup finals, running workshops and helping with to run the London FA’s social media.
Role of the London FA Youth Council
- Youth Strategy – To support the London FA with their strategy on youth football, and help grow young people’s participation in the game;
- Youth Representation – To provide a voice for young people on football in London and influence London FA decision making;
- Youth Volunteers – To lead initiatives that benefit young people in football across London, encourage youth volunteering and to support London FA events/programmes;
- Youth Development – To support the upskilling of young people to enhance the future football workforce.
If you are interest in finding out more information about the Youth Council, or interested in building a partnership with the Youth Council, get in touch via the details above.
BECOME A MEMBER
Applications are now open to become a member of the London FA Youth Council for the 2022/23 Season.
The Youth Council is currently made up of young people between the ages of 16 and 24, who passionately involve themselves within the grassroots football community, whether that is as a player, coach, referee, volunteer or fan.
Youth Council members will be required to attend London FA Youth Council meetings which will take place approximately six times throughout the year.
To be eligible for the London FA Youth Council, you must:
• Be between 16 and 24 on 1 September 2022
• Be passionate about improving London Football alongside the County FA
• Attend all meetings (weekdays, likely to be in person but with a possibility of virtual meetings)
These meetings will allow members to design and execute a plan of action to achieve the council’s four key aims.
To find out more about the role of the Youth Council and apply for the position, please download the Role Profile and Application Form below.
For an informal discussion regarding the Youth Council, please email Aquila.Burgess@LondonFA.com
The deadline for applications is 11:30pm on Sunday 30th October 2022.
Please note this position is not a coaching role.
The London FA is committed to achieving equality and fairness in employment and service delivery. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Meet Our Youth Council
Please click on the link below to meet the current members of the London FA Youth Council.