One of the 200 clubs is Junior Reds SSE Wildcats Girls' FC in London which is encouraging and inspiring local girls to take part in football and fitness sessions in a fun and engaging environment created exclusively for girls.
Junior Reds SSE Wildcats Girls' FC is running in conjunction with the local London FA which utilises London’s qualified coaches and local facilities. The SSE Wildcats clubs run on a weekly basis and will continue throughout the summer. The full list of London Wildcats clubs is:
- Islington Wildcats Football Club (Tuesdays, 6-7pm, Whittington Park, N19 4RS)
- Junior Reds Wildcats Football Club (Fridays, 5:30-6:30pm, Bexleyheath Academy, DA6 7DA)
- Leyton Orient Wildcats Football Club (Saturdays, 11:30am-1pm, SCORE Centre, E10 5JY)
- Little Laces Wildcats Football Club (Saturdays 10-11am, Latchmere Leisure Centre, SW11 5AD)
- Millwall Wildcats Football Club (Fridays, 4-5pm, Millwall Lions Centre, SE16 3LD)
- QPR Wildcats Football Club (Mondays, 5-6pm, PlayFootball Shepherd’s Bush, W12 7RW)
Visit www.thefa.com/forgirls for further details on your local SSE Wildcats session. You can take a look at some of the fantastic training sessions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5BW6PGQEbA&feature=youtu.be.
At the launch of SSE Wildcats, John Stewart, SSE’s Director of Human Resources, said:
“We’re delighted to support The FA in setting up these centres for 5-11 year old girls, where they can come together to discover new skills, make lifelong friends and ultimately have fun”.
“At SSE we believe everyone deserves the same opportunities, regardless of gender. We’re proud to support the SSE Women’s FA Cup; a competition which gives opportunities to clubs across the country no matter how big or small. And its why, together with the FA, we’ve created SSE Wildcats. After all, the game’s more beautiful when it’s open to all.”
SSE Wildcats has been established in partnership with SSE, supporters of girls’ football participation and sponsor of the SSE Women’s FA Cup, with support from UEFA, FIFA and The Youth Sport Trust.