- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Course Duration: 6 hours (one day)
- Who is it for: This course is for individuals wishing to understand more about the techniques required for coaching Futsal.
- Course aims and objectives: The aim of this course is to provide candidates with an understanding of the techniques and skills related to the game of Futsal. This course will help candidates organise and deliver basic Futsal practices. It will also provide candidates with an introduction to the structure of the game, the laws and the role Futsal can play in developing underlying techniques and skills.
- FA Licensed Coaches Club: 6 hours of CPD will be accredited at Level 1 and 2 only. If you are not a member of The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club and are interested in joining, please visit http://facc.thefa.com. You can also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 0800 085 2012.
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of the basic techniques related to coaching Futsal
- Demonstrate an understanding of the underlying fundamental principles related to the game of Futsal
- Display a basic understanding of the Futsal Laws of the Game
- Develop an understanding of Futsal as a stand alone game in its own right and the significant variances from conventional 5-a-side
- Develop an awareness of the part Futsal can play in the development of young players.
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: There is no formal assessment.
Refresher: No refresher required.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
The FA Coaching Futsal: Level 1
Date: Sunday 10th September 2107
Times: 10am [Start] - 5pm [Finish]
Venue: The Calthorpe Project, 258-274 Grays Inn Road, London, WC1X 8LH
Tutor: Andy Ritchie