Women & Girls Mid-Season Update
Welcome to our mid-season update for women and girls' football across the capital.
We trust you are all having a fantastic season and enjoying playing, coaching, administrating the beautiful game!
Please find to follow some information we hope you will find useful in the short and long term to support your coach, club, player development.
- Grow the Game applications open on 26th February £1,500 available for each new female or disability team created.
- 100 FC funded coaching programme for 16+ women - Applicants will have a desire to coach, learn and develop and be based in a London borough - benefits include fully funded coaching pathway, practical placements and coach mentors. Applications close 10 February 2020
- This Girl Can Fund is available for activities that get women’s heart rate up, whatever form that may take - Applications close 25th Feb 2020
- County FA Women's Football Development Fund - £4000 available for engaging and inspiring females from under-represented communities
Women's Adult Recreational Football
Increasing opportunities for girls and women with disabilities to play
Social responsibility football project
Applications close March 2020
- Just Play - Are you offering weekly football sessions to women 16+ then you can sign up to Just Play and earn yourself £400 receive kit and footballs and advertise your sessions on the FA website and build your squads (£200 upfront and £200 after 16 weeks of delivery)
- Essential websites for sports clubs, groups and organisations involved in the delivery of physical activity and sport (sign up now)
• London Sport provides free funding advice and a number of useful resources on our website to help organisations including: dos and don’ts of writing a funding bid, top tips and developing a strong evidence base. In addition, we provide a FREE Check and Challenge to proof read a final application before submission. Find out more.
Girls United ‘Play Like a Girl’ series of events include “Social Media Storytelling”; “Journey to Coaching at Top Level”; “Life as a Pro Footballer”; “Creating space for Women in Football” For more information and to book tickets click here
The FA ‘BRINGING OPPORTUNITIES TO COMMUNITIES’ 'YOU SAID, WE DID' TOUR 2020
The FA promised to come back to the same eight Asian community heartlands to tell you in person what we were going to do next and what had so far been achieved.
Wednesday 12 February
Osmani Centre, 58 Underwood Road, E1 5AW.
Email email@example.com to attend
Tottenenham Hotspur Girls Tournament
Date: Thursday 20th February
Time: 14:00 – 16:30
Venue: New River Sport & Fitness Centre, White Hart Ln, Wood Green, N22 5QW
Age Groups: U10s & 11s and U13s & 14s.
Girls' Football School Partnership, Sponsored By Barclays
The FA in partnership with Youth Sport Trust and supported by Barclays have a vision that every girl has equal access to football in school by 2024
If you are a teacher, coach or club wanting to help support this vision please visit the website below to find out how you can get involved:
CLICK HERE to be directed to the girls football in schools website.
Female Friendly Club Toolkit
Would you like help improving the experiences of and developing the offer to women and girls at your club?
Designed for club committee members and coaches, the toolkit aims to provide the tools needed to develop the right environment at your club for women and girls.
To sign up to receive the female friendly club toolkit please CLICK HERE
For ALL your Women and Girls activity across the Capital please check out our mapping tool which includes school activity, Wildcats, Clubs and Teams, Recreational Session - a one stop shop for all your football needs!
Please CLICK HERE to use the mapping tool.
GIRLS COMPETITIONS LONDON
- Capital Girls League (U8-U16 years)
- London County Saturday Football League (U10 U12 U14 U16)
- Camden & Islington Youth Football League (U10 U12 U14)
- The Tandridge Youth Football League (U9, U11, U13)
- Hackney Marshes Saturday Youth Football League (U12 coming soon)
Please email Laura Foster via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07841 868613.