Understand the grassroots football landscape?
Influence change with club committees?
Already championing Women & Girls’ football?
If your answers are yes, and you have around 6 hours a month to support clubs to create more opportunities for Women & Girls - we need you!
Job title: Equal Game Ambassador – Women & Girls Football
Location: The role will be home-based, supporting clubs across London both online and face-to-face as appropriate
Salary: £25 per hour
Contract type: Casual Contract, 50 hours spread across the season, predominantly evenings & weekends, ending July 2023
Roles available: Two (provisionally North/South based, tbc)
London FA is looking for two enthusiastic and experienced individuals with a passion for W&G grassroots football to join the team.
The successful candidates will be responsible for supporting grassroots football clubs to apply their learnings from the Equal Game Training and build their own Equal Game Action Plan; creating more accessible opportunities for women and girls.
Engage with selected England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the ‘Equal Game Training’
Signpost and help clubs access relevant support.
- Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners.
- Collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, and other grassroots football stakeholders.
- Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots club.
What we are looking for
Knowledge and experience of women’s and girl’s football.
- A demonstrated history and understanding of the grassroots football network.
- The ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees.
- They will need to be an advocate for female football with an understanding of the challenges and barriers that both players and volunteers can face.
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team, with the ability to manage and prioritise workload, plan and achieve objectives by deadlines.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
What we can offer
- Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
- A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football.
- Holiday entitlement.
- Other benefits.
London FA is responsible for developing, safeguarding, and governing football across the capital.
One of largest County FA’s with over 5200 teams across 1100+ clubs, established in 1882 and with an incredibly rich and proud history, we have been undergoing a period of exciting transformation and modernisation through the delivery of our strategy – Harnessing the Power of Grassroots Football.
At the heart of this strategy is a vision to harness the power of football to enrich more lives in London. We are passionate about the wider benefits that football can bring to society and its ability to bring diverse communities and people together.
A major priority for London FA is supporting clubs to offer football opportunities to women and girls. To support the London FA team with this important and exciting work we are seeking to recruit two new Equal Game Ambassadors, to work with grassroots football clubs to create more accessible opportunities for women and girls.
You can find out more about London FA and the work we do by looking around our website.
London FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and the information provided.
Equality and Diversity
Diversity is at the heart of our strategy, because it is at the heart of grassroots football in London. We pride ourselves on the increasing diversity of our Board. We encourage applications from the widest range of backgrounds, particularly where there is often under-representation. We are particularly keen to encourage female, black, Asian and LGBT+ applicants, and applications from those with disabilities and from minority ethnic, belief and racial groups.
If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
- Complete the Application Form no later than midnight on Wednesday 2nd November 2022. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Friday 4th November 2022 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
- Interviews will be held between Monday 7th & Friday 11th November 2022.
- If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the roles.
- SAVE THE DATE! The successful candidates will be required to attend training on Tuesday 6th December (expenses and time will be reimbursed).
Job Description and Person Specification
Application Form & Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Amanda Lewis, Football Development Manager on Amanda.Lewis@LondonFA.com for an informal discussion.