An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Football Development team at London FA, as the Football Development Officer (Disability and Inclusion).
This role will strategically lead our disability football provision across the capital, strategically coordinate our diversity and inclusion work through the management of London FA Inclusion Advisory Group and aim to achieve the Intermediate Level of the Equality Standard.
The Football Development team is responsible for growing the game in London, which includes increasing participation, facilities and workforce development. We have a clear ambition to lead the growth of structured football in London and to do this in a way that maximises our impact on wider social outcomes such as physical and mental health and community cohesion.
- Football Development Officer (Disability and Inclusion)
- Salary: £26,000
- Location: Hybrid working arrangements (minimum of one day per week at London FA’s office – Wembley Stadium)
- Represent the London FA with internal and external stakeholders, campaigners and networking groups, positively engaging and informing on diversity and inclusion targets and activities.
- Work with staff across departments to support in the delivery of diversity and inclusion targets and in creating a more inclusive culture across the London FA.
- Achievement of the disability player numbers as laid out in the London FA strategy and operational plan
- Retain and grow the number of affiliated disability football teams with an emphasis on creating player pathway opportunities within England Football Accredited club structures for under-12, under-16 and adult age groups
- Strategically coordinate the delivery of a network of registered disability recreational football centres (Comets programme) for male and females across all age groups
- To lead associated parts of the London FA Racial Equality Action Plan.
- To strategically co-ordinate the London FA Inclusion Advisory Group and achieve the Preliminary Level of the Equality Standard
- Raise the profile of good news stories and the range of disability football opportunities across the pathway
- Ensure that London FA effectively implement and maintain the FA’s Minimum Operating Standards for Safeguarding within Football.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet London FA’s changing priorities
- Strategically coordinate the delivery of a network of registered disability recreational football centres for male and females across all age groups
Experience and Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of disability sport structures and development pathways at local, regional and national level
- Commitment to sports equality and knowledge of the barriers facing underrepresented groups, particularly those with a disability
- Demonstrates a working understanding of inclusion, equality and anti- discrimination, safeguarding and best practice
- Knowledge of relevant funding agencies
- Knowledge of the service providers that support people with a disability both Nationally and within the County FA locality
- Budget / resource management
- Ability to work strategically with partner organisations across different sectors to plan and deliver football programmes
- Project management skills and experience – to plan, set and achieve objectives within strict deadlines
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills using traditional, modern and emerging media
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation of programmes
About London FA
Based at Wembley Stadium, the London Football Association is responsible for governing, safeguarding, and developing football across the capital. We were established in 1882 and have an incredibly rich and proud history. More recently we have been undergoing a period of exciting transformation and modernisation through the delivery of our strategy – Harnessing the Power of Grassroots Football.
At the heart of this strategy is a vision to harness the power of football to enrich more lives in London. We are passionate about the wider benefits that football can bring to society, and we know that if we are to have any chance of delivering this vision, we must create the right environments for people to thrive.
If you would like to apply for the role, please download the full Job Description. Then please submit your completed Application Form to Development@LondonFA.com for the attention of Aquila Burgess by 5pm on 14th January 2024.
Interviews will be held at Wembley Stadium on Monday 22nd January 2024.
If you have any queries or would like an informal discussion about the role before submitting your application form, please email Aquila Burgess, Head of Partnerships, on Aquila.Burgess@LondonFA.com