London FA are looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to lead the development and delivery of the London FA's marketing and communications strategy.
As we aim to grow our income over the next few years and as part of this, we have created a new role within the Partnerships team. The Marketing and Communications Manager role is key to driving our communications to increase our reach, raise awareness of our work and generate more commercial income for the business.
This new role has an initial focus on setting up the organisation to deliver strong and aligned communications working closely with the Head of Partnerships.
Job title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Location: Hybrid working arrangements (minimum of one day per week at London FA’s office – Wembley Stadium)
- Lead the development and delivery of the London FAs marketing and communications strategy to significantly increase engagement with London FA.
- Write, and create content for digital and hard copy which connect with our grassroots audiences.
- Work closely with the Head of Partnerships on London FAs communication style and supporting the identification of our commercial partners.
- Supporting the activation delivery of our commercial partners.
- Develop a rolling yearly communications and marketing planner that gives an overview of the whole organisation’s work.
- Develop key campaigns in the year where London FA will stand out with our communications.
- To support the delivery of The FA National Game Strategy and London Football Association Strategy 2020-2025 and annual operational plan.
- Significantly grow engagement with London FAs social media platforms and website.
- Lead the look and feel of London FAs branding and overall communications.
- Ensure all campaigns are delivered on time and within budget, delivering outstanding results.
- Feed into the development and design of the London FA website by managing our external agency (Oporto Sports).
- To lead associated parts of the London FA Racial Equality Action Plan.
- To contribute to the effective implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs.
- To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
- To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place from time to time.
Experience and Skills
- Proven experience of delivering communications and marketing plans.
- Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders and agencies.
- Experience of managing a wide range of communications channels.
- A track record of delivering impactful written and video content.
- Experience of supporting and training colleagues to deliver communications needs.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint.
- Experience working or volunteering in football development and/or sport development.
- Project management skills and experience – to plan, set and achieve objectives to deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Exceptional customer service.
About London FA
Based at Wembley Stadium, the London Football Association is responsible for governing, safeguarding, and developing football across the capital. We were established in 1882 and have an incredibly rich and proud history. More recently we have been undergoing a period of exciting transformation and modernisation through the delivery of our strategy – Harnessing the Power of Grassroots Football.
At the heart of this strategy is a vision to harness the power of football to enrich more lives in London. We are passionate about the wider benefits that football can bring to society, and we know that if we are to have any chance of delivering this vision, we must create the right environments for people to thrive.
If you would like to apply for the role, please download the comprehensive Role Profile and fill out the London FA Job Application Pack. Then please submit your completed application form to Development@LondonFA.com for the attention of Aquila Burgess by 5pm on Sunday 22nd October 2023.
Interviews will be held at Wembley Stadium on Friday 3rd November 2023.
If you have any queries or would like an informal discussion about the role before submitting your application form, please email Aquila Burgess, Head of Partnerships, at Aquila.Burgess@LondonFA.com